• All states to be equally connected under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana: Centre

    Centre said todat that there will be no discrimination against any state in allocation of funds for construction of rural roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY). Rural Development Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar said today in Lok Sabha that so far 65% of the rural habitations have been connected with all-weather roads and remaining 35% will be completed by March, 2019.

    Tomar said that in the 2nd Phase of PMGSY upgradation 50,000 kilometers road will be done at a cost of Rs 33,000 crore. “After the 14th Finance Commission, the States are now getting 42% funds, while earlier they used to get only 32%. So, there is no dearth of funds for this project,” Tomar said.

    The budgetary provision for the PMGSY was around Rs 9,000 crore in 2012-13, it had been enhanced to Rs 19,000 crore in 2015-16.

    Government has recently announced the formation of District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) called “Disha” for effective development coordination and monitoring of 28 Central Schemes for monitoring of the PMGSY.

    The Minister said that from 2011 to 2014, 73 kilometers road was built per day, while at present 100 kilometers of roads is being built each day. government has set a target of taking per day road construction to 133 kms. Bobby Smith Womens Jersey

    Share This